Once again the Tees Active health team are working to improve the health and wellbeing of residents of Stockton-on-Tees with a number of FREE weight management programmes starting from June 30th.
Funded by Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council and Public Health England these programmes help people make positive changes to their lifestyle through eating healthily and exercising regularly. The programmes offer education and support so that participants can make sustainable changes enabling them to lose weight and improve their overall health and wellbeing. With courses starting from June 30th it’s a great chance to make a real impact!
Tees Active delivers 2 weight management programmes. These are Lite 4 Life and Energise and they comprise of:
The courses comprise of:
Weekly 1 Hour Sessions – The course includes 12 weekly 1 hour sessions (Energise – 30 minutes of advice and education on positive lifestyle changes and 30 minutes of exercise).(Lite 4 Life– 60 minutes of advice and education on positive lifestyle changes).
- Weekly Weigh-ins – Participants will be weighed each week to monitor progress and record results.
- Free Activity Pass – Participants will benefit from 10 weeks unlimited access to Activ8’s 4 gyms, fitness classes (low intensity class available) and 4 swimming pools. Plus online live and on demand workouts are available.
- Fitness Plan – Participants will receive a tailored exercise plan from our instructors to follow at home or in one of our venues.
- Nutritional Support – Advice and nutrition support to help educate those who need it to make the right choices and plan recipes. Plus weekly support from Activ8 instructors on dieting.
- Follow On Support – Free 8 week access to Energise sessions, once you’ve finished the initial 12 weeks, for continued support to help achieve your goals.
Richard who has recently completed the Energise course said “I have just completed the 12 week programme and couldn’t recommend it enough. This programme is tailored to everyone and it will bring the best out of you and help you make the positive changes that you are looking for. It has helped me achieve what I thought was impossible at the start of the programme.”
If you think the Tees Active weight management programmes sound like they could help you then visit our funded health initiatives page here for further information and to enrol.