TERMS & CONDITIONS
TEES ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – YOU SHOULD READ THESE TERMS CAREFULY BEFORE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT
Monthly Direct Debits
1. This agreement will commence:
* Where you are on the venue premises, once you have indicated acceptance in the declaration section of this website sign up process.
* Where you are not on the premises, once you have indicated acceptance in the declaration section of this web sign up process and then entered the premises
after 14 days have elapsed, whichever is earlier. You can settle this agreement at any time giving notice and paying off the amount owed under the agreement.
* Where you are on the venue premises when you sign a Tees Active Contract Agreement or have indicated acceptance in the declaration of the website sign up process.
Online Sign Ups
A 14 day cooling off period applies. Cancellation must be given using our 14 day online cancellation form availabe at A8 (www.activ8fitnessclubs.co.uk)
2. Your membership starts on the day of your induction session and you will be entitled to the access and privileges for the type of membership chosen.
3. The joining fee and interim payment is payable immediately and non refundable (Except where the 14 day online cancellation applies or where we are in breach of this agreement).
4. The Direct Debit payment is due from you to us on the agreed payment date of each month. You are obligated to make the minimum number of direct debit payments, with the first one being made on the 1st Direct Debit payment date, the second on the 2nd and then every month thereafter until the full term is completed.
5. You are obligated to make every Direct Debit Payment regardless of non-attendance or non-use of the services/facilities, except where the cancellation terms below apply.
6. If you fail to pay any monies due under this agreement or if any Direct Debit is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you will be charged and agree to pay:
* Late payment fee to cover pursuit of the instalment – £5.00
* A further late payment fee to cover pursuit of the instalment by more than one letter – £10.00
7. You agree to advise us promptly of any change to the member details which you provided.
8. If you fail to pay any amount due on the Direct Debit payment date we will take steps to collect on the next available collection date (1st & 15th of each month). Should your failure to pay continue for more than 30 days your usage will be suspended whilst we recover the amounts due under this agreement.
9. Failure to pay any amounts due under this agreement which we have been unable to recover will result in your details being passed on to a Debt Recovery Agency for them to take recovery action. Please note this action may affect your future credit rating.
RENEWAL – Direct Debit
10. Once you have completed the minimum number of Direct Debit Payments, we will automatically continue collecting the Direct Debit amount every month unless you cancel (in which case you must give us not less than 30 days, as per the cancellation procedure below). If you give notice during a month we will treat it as being received on the first day of the following month, for example if you give us notice on the 22nd April, your notice will start on 1st May. This will be your last payment date and your membership will end on 31st May.
* We will allow up to four calendar days from the 1st or 15th payment date to allow for cancellation within the same month.
CANCELLATION – DIRECT DEBIT MEMBERSHIPS ONLY
11. We may cancel your membership immediately :
~ If you commit a material breach of this agreement.
~ If in our reasonable opinion your behaviour has or is likely to cause danger to other members, their guests and or staff or adversely affect the club, Tees Active
(including our reputation).
~ If any amounts you owe us remain unpaid 30 days after the due date.
~ If you provide us with details which you know to be false when applying for membership.
~ If we/you cancel your membership we will not refund any initial payments or pro-rata fees.
You can cancel your Direct Debit membership due to:
~ Relocation: This agreement may be cancelled in the event that your new permanent address is no longer within a reasonable travelling distance away from any Tees Active facilities. You will be required to provide written proof of change of address which may include a utility bill or bank statement showing the new address.
~ Permanent illness or injury: This agreement may be cancelled in the event of your PERMANENT illness, injury or medical condition. You will be required to provide proof from a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner.
~ Redundancy (or other loss of livelihood): This agreement may be cancelled in the event of redundancy (or other loss of livelihood). You will be required to provide written proof of your loss of livelihood as we may reasonably request.
How to Cancel/Settle – Direct Debit
12. A cancellation request must be submitted via email to www.activ8fitnessclubs.co.uk – make an enquiry – select payment, or call into one of the venues and your cancellation request will be submitted through our membership portal. Once submitted you will be asked to provide supporting evidence (if applicable). Please note a minimum of 30 days’ notice is required for the above cancellations and no letters in writing will be accepted as a cancellation request.
~ Breach: This agreement can be cancelled if we are found to be in material breach of contract. This may include where we do not provide the contracted facilities and services and do not rectify the breach within a reasonable period of time.
How to Freeze your Direct Debit Membership
13. This agreement may be frozen in the event of a serious, temporary illness, injury or medical condition. A freeze request can be submitted via email to active8fitnessclubs.co.uk – make an enquiry – select payment, or call into one of the venues and your request can be submitted through our membership portal.
~Once submitted you will be asked to provide supporting evidence. If you become pregnant a maximum freeze of 6 months pre and post birth upon appropriate evidence can be applied.
~Any freeze for the above reasons will not be implemented until the appropriate doumentation is received.
~You can freeze your membership for any reason for a minimum of 1 month and a maximum of 3 months. A £5 per month charge will apply. This must be done on site.
14. DIRECT DEBIT MEMBERSHIPS including Privilege, Student/Apprentice,Under 16s and 55+ are non-transferrable.
ANNUAL / UPFRONT MEMBERSHIPS & PERSONAL TRAINING MEMBERSHIP
FEES AND CHARGES
15. Membership fees are non-refundable on all Annual/Upfront payments and Personal Training memberships. Cooling off periods do not apply due to the level of discount at the point of sale apart from when the 14 day online cooling off period applies.
16. If we/you cancel your membership we will not refund any payments. (Including Student Upfront 90 days and Personal Training memberships).
TRANSFERS ANNUAL ONLY
17. Memberships can be transferred to a friend or family member by paying a £10 administration fee in the event of permanent illness or injury. You will be required to provide written proof from a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner.
18. You agree to comply with the Tees Active terms and conditions.
~ We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breach of the centre or club rules. In this event you will not be liable to pay any further Direct Debit payments, provided such breach is not determined by us to have occurred primarily in order to qualify you for a refund. If you have any queries please contact a member of the Finance Team at our Head Office on 01642 528537
Tees Active Ltd