Monthly Direct Debits
1. This agreement will commence:
* Where you are on the venue premises, once you have indicated acceptance in the declaration section of this website sign up process.
* Where you are not on the premises, once you have indicated acceptance in the declaration section of this web sign up process and then entered the premises
after 14 days have elapsed, whichever is earlier. You can settle this agreement at any time giving notice and paying off the amount owed under the agreement.
* Where you are on the venue premises when you sign a Tees Active Contract Agreement or have indicated acceptance in the declaration of the website sign up process.
Online Sign Ups
A 14 day cooling off period applies. Cancellation must be given using our 14 day online cancellation form availabe at A8 (www.activ8fitnessclubs.co.uk)
2. Your membership starts on the day of your induction session and you will be entitled to the access and privileges for the type of membership chosen.
3. The joining fee and interim payment is payable immediately and non refundable (Except where the 14 day online cancellation applies or where we are in breach of this agreement).
4. The Direct Debit payment is due from you to us on the agreed payment date of each month. You are obligated to make the minimum number of direct debit payments, with the first one being made on the 1st Direct Debit payment date, the second on the 2nd and then every month thereafter until the full term is completed.
5. You are obligated to make every Direct Debit Payment regardless of non-attendance or non-use of the services/facilities, except where the cancellation terms below apply.
6. If you fail to pay any monies due under this agreement or if any Direct Debit is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you will be charged and agree to pay:
* Late payment fee to cover pursuit of the instalment – £5.00
* A further late payment fee to cover pursuit of the instalment by more than one letter – £10.00
7. You agree to advise us promptly of any change to the member details which you provided.
8. If you fail to pay any amount due on the Direct Debit payment date we will take steps to collect on the next available collection date (1st & 15th of each month). Should your failure to pay continue for more than 30 days your usage will be suspended whilst we recover the amounts due under this agreement.
9. Failure to pay any amounts due under this agreement which we have been unable to recover will result in your details being passed on to a Debt Recovery Agency for them to take recovery action. Please note this action may affect your future credit rating.
RENEWAL – Direct Debit
10. Once you have completed the minimum number of Direct Debit Payments, we will automatically continue collecting the Direct Debit amount every month unless you cancel (in which case you must give us not less than 30 days, as per the cancellation procedure below). If you give notice during a month we will treat it as being received on the first day of the following month, for example if you give us notice on the 22nd April, your notice will start on 1st May. This will be your last payment date and your membership will end on 31st May.
* We will allow up to four calendar days from the 1st or 15th payment date to allow for cancellation within the same month.
CANCELLATION – DIRECT DEBIT MEMBERSHIPS ONLY
11. We may cancel your membership immediately :
~ If you commit a material breach of this agreement.
~ If in our reasonable opinion your behaviour has or is likely to cause danger to other members, their guests and or staff or adversely affect the club, Tees Active
(including our reputation).
~ If any amounts you owe us remain unpaid 30 days after the due date.
~ If you provide us with details which you know to be false when applying for membership.
~ If we/you cancel your membership we will not refund any initial payments or pro-rata fees.
You can cancel your Direct Debit membership due to:
~ Relocation: This agreement may be cancelled in the event that your new permanent address is no longer within a reasonable travelling distance away from any Tees Active facilities. You will be required to provide written proof of change of address which may include a utility bill or bank statement showing the new address.
~ Permanent illness or injury: This agreement may be cancelled in the event of your PERMANENT illness, injury or medical condition. You will be required to provide proof from a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner.
~ Redundancy (or other loss of livelihood): This agreement may be cancelled in the event of redundancy (or other loss of livelihood). You will be required to provide written proof of your loss of livelihood as we may reasonably request.
How to Cancel/Settle – Direct Debit
12. A cancellation request must be submitted via email to www.activ8fitnessclubs.co.uk – make an enquiry – select payment, or call into one of the venues and your cancellation request will be submitted through our membership portal. Once submitted you will be asked to provide supporting evidence (if applicable). Please note a minimum of 30 days’ notice is required for the above cancellations and no letters in writing will be accepted as a cancellation request.
~ Breach: This agreement can be cancelled if we are found to be in material breach of contract. This may include where we do not provide the contracted facilities and services and do not rectify the breach within a reasonable period of time.
How to Freeze your Direct Debit Membership
13. This agreement may be frozen in the event of a serious, temporary illness, injury or medical condition. A freeze request can be submitted via email to active8fitnessclubs.co.uk – make an enquiry – select payment, or call into one of the venues and your request can be submitted through our membership portal.
~Once submitted you will be asked to provide supporting evidence. If you become pregnant a maximum freeze of 6 months pre and post birth upon appropriate evidence can be applied.
~Any freeze for the above reasons will not be implemented until the appropriate doumentation is received.
~You can freeze your membership for any reason for a minimum of 1 month and a maximum of 3 months. A £5 per month charge will apply. This must be done on site.
14. DIRECT DEBIT MEMBERSHIPS including Privilege, Student/Apprentice,Under 16s and 55+ are non-transferrable.
ANNUAL / UPFRONT MEMBERSHIPS & PERSONAL TRAINING MEMBERSHIP
FEES AND CHARGES
15. Membership fees are non-refundable on all Annual/Upfront payments and Personal Training memberships. Cooling off periods do not apply due to the level of discount at the point of sale apart from when the 14 day online cooling off period applies.
16. If we/you cancel your membership we will not refund any payments. (Including Student Upfront 90 days and Personal Training memberships).
TRANSFERS ANNUAL ONLY
17. Memberships can be transferred to a friend or family member by paying a £10 administration fee in the event of permanent illness or injury. You will be required to provide written proof from a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner.
18. You agree to comply with the Tees Active terms and conditions.
~ We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breach of the centre or club rules. In this event you will not be liable to pay any further Direct Debit payments, provided such breach is not determined by us to have occurred primarily in order to qualify you for a refund. If you have any queries please contact a member of the Finance Team at our Head Office on 01642 528537
Tees Active Ltd
We are experiencing problems in relation to users gaining access to our services, causing health & safety issues and unauthorised access due to non payment. Please note the following guidelines are in relation to accessing services.
Annual/Monthly direct debit customers – If you are an annual or direct debit member, please ensure that you register at reception or swipe your card at the point of entry to register your gym visit. Where such a member allows others to use their membership card to gain
access or assists others to gain unauthorised entry, we will withdraw or suspend membership for a period of up to 6 months and may not refund/cancel any outstanding monies relating to your contract.
Pay per visit customers – If you are a pay per visit customer, you must pay at reception and use the code provided to access the gym. Please retain your ticket and be prepared to produce it upon request. If you are unable to produce your ticket, you will be asked for your membership card to allow staff to clarify admission for the session in question has been paid for.
We will withdraw access to the gym for up to a period of 6 months if you are found to be accessing the gym without making payment. This will include withdrawal of your induction and Leisure Card if applicable.
Annual/Monthly members – Must register for all ticket able and pre-booked classes to acknowledge arrival or ensure that there are sufficient places in the class. This is also required to ensure that your membership is valid prior to accessing the class.
Pay per visit customers – Must register and make payment at reception for ticket able classes to ensure there are sufficient places and must register to acknowledge their arrival for bookable classes which have been paid for.
Annual and monthly members must register swim and health suite visits at reception. Pay per visit customers must pay at reception. Regular random ticket/card checks will be carried out by gym and leisure staff members on a daily basis; please don’t be offended when asked to produce this. The Duty Manager will be informed of any breaches of these guidelines.
• Please ensure that you follow the ACCESS GUIDELINES.
• T-Shirts/appropriate clothing must be worn at all times.
• Correct and clean footwear must be worn at all times.
• Bags/holdalls and valuables are not permitted on gym floor, please use lockers provided.
• Glass bottles/containers are not permitted in the gym.
• Smoking or chewing gum is not permitted.
• Spectators are not permitted in the gym.
• Advisors will offer advice on techniques if exercises are being carried out incorrectly; this is aimed at benefiting your workout.
• We advise last entry into the gym to be one hour before closing, however if it is after that, as long as workout and shower is completed and you have vacated the gym before closing, we deem this as acceptable.
• It is essential for advisors to know of any change in health issues that may affect your workout, including pregnancy, you then must follow any reasonable instructions to allow you to exercise safely. (HCS Statement)
• In the event of an emergency or the fire alarm sounding, please follow the instructions of the advisors and leave by the nearest exit.
• Personal hygiene is of upmost importance within the gym environment as this also has an effect on other gym users. Please carry a towel to wipe down the equipment after use and ensure your own hygiene is of an appropriate standard.
• Anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol/substance misuse will be asked to leave immediately.
• The Management/advisors reserve the right to refuse entry to the gym.
• Offensive or aggressive behaviour be it verbal or physical will not be tolerated.
For health & safety reasons please make sure that:
• All dumbbells and barbells are replaced carefully on the rack after use.
• Ensure that Olympic training bars are always used with spring safety clips to secure disk weight onto bar.
• Please avoid dropping weights from a height whilst training as this may cause damage to the equipment and floor area.
• All attachments for machines and bars must be placed in the identified storage container after use.
• The disc weights for the smith`s machine and horizontal bench must be taken off the bar after use and placed on the designated storage rack.
• Please ensure you replace karabiner clips after use, as these are frequently being misplaced resulting in customers having to wait for certain pieces of equipment.
• Could we ask that you refrain from training in large groups as feedback from other members has indicated that they find this intimidating.
• Offensive or aggressive behaviour be it verbal or physical will not be tolerated.
• Please do not sit on unused equipment as people may want to use it.
• Ensure that language and noise levels are appropriate.
• Lastly do not feel offended if a member of the Activ8 team approaches you to correct/
adjust your training techniques.
• Users must pay or produce a membership card prior to entering the fitness class, and produce their receipt on entry to the instructor.
• It is essential for the fitness class coach to know of any health issues that may effect you, prior to participating in the class (including pregnancy).
• Class participants must try to check in at least 5 minutes before the start of their class.
• You are not permitted to be more than 5 minutes late from the start of the class as you will have missed the warm up, which is an essential part of the class. You may be refused admission if you do not arrive in time for a sufficient warm up.
• In the interest of hygiene, we ask that you bring a towel with you to lay on during mat work and that no glass drinks bottles are brought into the class, only plastic closed lid containers are permitted. Please report any accidental spillages to the instructor immediately.
• We advise that you do not consume a large meal within 2 hours prior to attending a class or one hour for lighter meals.
• You are not permitted to chew gum during the class.
• Please ensure that correct footwear and clothing are worn at all times.
• In the event of an emergency, or the fi re alarm sounding, please follow the instructions of the instructor and leave by the nearest fi re exit.
• The management/instructor reserves the right to refuse entry to the exercise class.
• Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be asked to leave the class.
• Personal hygiene is of utmost importance within the class environment as this also has an effect on other class members.
• Mobile Phones must be placed on silent or turned off throughout the duration of the class.