Sauna & Steam Suites at Billingham Forum & IB Leisure
IB Leisure’s sauna & steam suite is open, Billingham Forum’s reopens on Monday 2nd August. Bookings can be made here.
Need somewhere to wind down after a busy day? Had a hard session in the gym?
Our Sauna & Steam suite is the perfect place to chill out, relax and escape. Regular use of the facilities will leave you with an increased feeling of well-being, as well as restoring balance to both mind and body. As well as our Sauna & Steam rooms we also have a relaxation area where you lounge to your hearts content! Read a book or magazine and have some time to yourself or just to cool down between your Sauna & Steam.
Privilege Activ8 members can enjoy the luxury of the Sauna & Steam Suite as part of their gym membership at no extra cost. Sauna & Steam Suite is cleared at the end of each session to allow for cleaning/preparation of next session. Customers are instructed to wear bathing costumes at all times in this area & provide their own toilet & shower accessories.
Please check the timetable and book here.
Operational information: The sauna operates at a temperature of 80-90 degrees centigrade. Ensure that this is comfortable for you.
- The steam room operates at a temperature of 40 – 50 degrees centigrade. Ensure that this is comfortable for you.
Sauna & Steam Room User Guide:
- Jewellery, watches etc. should be removed before using the Sauna & Steam Suite.
- The warmest part of the sauna is diagonally opposite the stove on the highest bench.
- The warmest part of the steam room is on the left hand side near the entrance door.
- Recognised swimwear must be worn in the Sauna & Steam Suite at all times. Shoes are not permitted.
- Users should sit/lie on a towel for hygiene reasons.
- All individuals must shower before using the Sauna & Steam Suite, and after, if planning to use the Swimming Pool.
- No personal belongings of any kind are allowed in the Sauna & Steam rooms – this includes newspapers, magazines and paper products.
- Lewd or suggestive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Strictly no shaving allowed in the Sauna & Steam Suite.
- Nobody under the age of 16 is permitted to use the Sauna & Steam Suite.
- Please alert facility staff if the Sauna & Steam rooms are not functioning properly.
- Keep a safe distance from the sauna heater and steam room outlets to prevent getting burned.
- Drink plenty of fluids before and after using the Sauna & Steam Suite facilities.
- Do not smoke, use alcohol or exercise in the Sauna & Steam Suite.
- No food or drinks allowed in the Sauna and Steam rooms.
- Users who feel faint, dizzy or ill in any way should leave the Sauna and or Steam rooms immediately and consult staff or seek medical advice.
- Do not exceed 30 minutes total time within the Sauna or Steam rooms as excessive exposure can be harmful to health.
The management reserve the right to ask users to leave the Sauna & Steam Suite if they exhibit behaviour that is believed to be unsafe or inappropriate, with or without refund of payment.